Redoubt built to house a British garrison during the NZ wars. Outside viewing is available at all times.

After the Rangiriri battle, this redoubt was built nearby to house a British garrison. It is named after Wiremu Te Wheoro, who occupied it on behalf of the government in 1868-9 during the Te Kooti campaigns. Outside viewing is available at all times.

Disclaimer:

This website helps visitors connect with providers of great tourism experiences. It is not intended to give any assurance that any particular provider complies with its safety obligations. Users should seek more information from the provider concerned. While Hamilton & Waikato Tourism will do its utmost to ensure the information contained within this website is accurate, Hamilton & Waikato Tourism accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions, offers or details of any information or operator listings. Prices, timetables and other details or terms of business may change without notice. The information included in this website is not advice and does not imply any endorsement by Hamilton & Waikato Tourism.

Read More