The event will include guest speakers on various topics of interest including:
- Google Trends & Tips - Claire Thomson, Google
Learn about AdWords with Tips & Tricks
- Tourism Update - Rene de Monchy, Tourism New Zealand
- Activating Domestic Tourism - Steve Hanrahan, Tourism Industry Aotearoa
DGiT (Domestic Growth Insight Tool) is an exciting new online tool to help tourism operators like you boost the value you get from domestic tourism.
DGiT is designed for tourism businesses and RTOs. It’s free, practical and simple to use. During this one-hour workshop you will learn how to use DGiT to identify which Kiwi leisure travellers you should target, when they want to visit, their motivation for travel, what else they want to do and their preferred type of accommodation. It also provides information on the best way to market to your target audience.
From 12pm we will be holding an Open Forum. This is an opportunity for you to share your new product with the industry. Limited timeslots for this are available to book, if you are interested, please indicate this when completing your RSVP form.
There will also be two optional afternoon workshops available from 1:30pm. Places for these workshops are limited, if you are interested in attending, please indicate this on your RSVP form. Workshops are:
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm (3 hours)
Social Media - Presented by Claire O'Connell, The Classroom *Subsidised fee of $40 +GST applies
Bought to you by Hamilton & Waikato Tourism in conjunction with Hamilton Central Business Association
Please note: Participants need to bring their laptop as this will be hands-on/practical training
- Getting the most from Social Advertising: The boosted post and beyond.
- Boosted posts VS Ads manager - what are they and when should i use them?
- Advanced targeting strategies
- Setting up a campaign from start to finish.
- Creative best practices.
- How do I measure/know if my campaign is successful?
- A look at Pinterest advertising.
- 1:30pm - 3pm (1.5 hours)
Be.Accessible - Presented by Neville Pulman and the Be.Accessible team *Free workshop
Be Accessible would love to engage members of the symposium on a journey that:
- Supplies valuable insight into the access tourist needs and opportunity
- References best practice examples for inspiration
- Takes a moment to reflect on your attraction/ business state of readiness
- And details a clear path to what’s possible and what’s next”
We look forward to seeing many of you there.
When: Wednesday 17th May 2017
9am - 12:30pm Symposium
12:30pm - 1:30pm Networking lunch and tour of Claudelands
1:30pm - 4:30pm Optional afternoon workshops
Where: Brooklyn Rooms, Claudelands Conference & Exhibition Centre, Hamilton
Cost: Free to attend - Charges apply to one of the afternoon workshops.
Networking Lunch: A networking lunch is available from 12:30pm. For catering purposes, please indicate on your RSVP form if you will be staying for lunch.