Set for 12 to 14 October 2016 at Claudelands Conference and Exhibition Centre, the conference brings together over 120 leading conference and incentive sector specialists including professional conference organisers, owners and managers of key venues, catering companies, accommodation providers, activity operators and regional convention bureaux.
CINZ Chief Executive Sue Sullivan says she is delighted to be holding the conference in the region, with the support of Hamilton & Waikato Tourism’s Convention Bureau and its partners, for the first time in the conference’s 40-year history.
“This is a vibrant and fast-growing area of New Zealand, with a dynamic business and innovation environment that in many instances is unique to the region. We look forward to making the most of the superb venues, attractions and facilities on offer,” she says.
The national conference will take place over two action-packed days including plenary sessions, off-site functions and famils at award-winning venues such as Claudelands Conference and Exhibition Centre, Novotel Tainui Hamilton and Hobbiton Movie Set.
Hamilton and Waikato Tourism Chief Executive Kiri Goulter says the region is excited about the unprecedented opportunity to showcase the wide range of high-quality conference facilities to the CINZ delegates next year.
“We can’t underestimate the value of this conference. The business events sector is such a key one for the region, having the fourth largest market share for delegate days in the country, and holding the 2016 conference in the region will enable us to demonstrate our ability to host world-class conferences first-hand to this very important group of industry professionals,” she says.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: +64 21 668 090
About Conventions and Incentives New Zealand (CINZ)
- CINZ www.conventionsnz.co.nz is the official, membership based association of New Zealand’s conference and business travel industry with more than 380 members across a broad range of sectors.
- CINZ takes a leadership role in increasing meetings, incentives, conference and events business for the benefit of its members, principal stakeholders and the New Zealand economy.
- CINZ works to actively promote the sector, providing advocacy with central government, and offering assistance, information, professional development and real business opportunities to its members.
- CINZ manages the renowned annual trade show MEETINGS, which generated $56 million over its two days in Auckland in 2015.
- Convention/conference delegates spent an estimated $476 million in the New Zealand economy during 2014 (MBIE CDS Dec 2014).
- Domestic delegates accounted for $250 million (53 per cent of the total amount),
- Local delegates spent $109 million (23 per cent)
- International visitors spent a total of $117 million (25 per cent). Of the international spend;
- $68 million was generated from Australian visitors
- $48 million from other international visitors.