Celebrate the New Year in Middle-earth as you take a fully guided tour of The Shire™, as featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Trilogies. The tour takes in the twelve-acre site as you wander past Bag End, over the party field, and on to The Green Dragon™ Inn, hearing fascinating details of how the movie set was created along the way.
After the tour, the celebrations will kick off outside The Green Dragon™ Inn, with roaming entertainment, interactive themed games, garden bars (with the Southfarthing range on tap) and a Market Place busting with traditional Hobbit fare.
A variety of Hobbit themed stalls will be scattered around the market place allowing you to experience Hobbiton in a truly unique way. Catering will include hearty Hobbit sized canapés, roast meats, freshly baked breads, fresh vegetable produce, desserts, NZ cheeses and fruits - and as is the tradition in the Shire, second helpings are encouraged.
To wrap up a truly magical evening, guests can make their way back through the wandering paths of Hobbiton. The trails will be illuminated and handheld lanterns will be provided amongst the guests to help light the way.
HOBBITON NEW YEARS CELEBRATION INCLUDES
- A tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Hobbit Southfarthing beverages on tap throughout the evening
- Marketplace entertainment
- Interactive games with prizes to be won
- Themed dinner and dessert served from the marketplace and inside the venues
- Access to the Hobbiton Retail shop
- Evening lighting tour of Hobbiton Movie Set