Featuring lakes, woodland gardens, birdlife and ample picnic spots, all linked by a network of walking tracks, the arboretum is perfect for a leisurely weekend stroll, family picnic or more active outing.
Those looking for a longer walk can start at the Tills Lookout on Melva Street for great views of Hamilton City and follow the path for a 30 minute walk to the arboretum.
Dogs are also welcome within the arboretum, but must be kept on a lead at all times.
Taitua Arboretum walk details
- Opening hours: The Taitua arboretum is open seven days from 8am, with ample parking on site.
- Time: Varies depending on how far you choose to walk
From the Tills Lookout on Melva Street it is 30 minute one way to the arboretum
- Getting there: Follow State Highway 23 west towards Raglan, turn left into Howden Road, then left again into Taitua Road.
- More info: www.hamilton.govt.nz
- Please Note: Dogs are permitted inside the Taitua Aboretum but must be kept on a lead at all times.