Take a guided Kayak Tour on Lake Karapiro. Starting at Lake District Adventures base on Horahora Road, paddle along the southern edge of Lake Karapiro & over the old submerged Horahora Village & the Dam that produced electricity for the early Waihi goldfields. Learn the history of the village and enjoy the serenity of being on the water. Paddle slowly up the Pokaiwhenua Stream and through the canyon carved out by water over many hundreds of years. Ferns & trees drape over you. Bird life is all around. Perfect for families and groups who want a relaxing time out on the lake.
Get this deal
To book use the code word WinterWarmer when booking online here or please call 0800 287 448.
Terms & Conditions Apply:
- Offer valid from 13 June - 30 July 2018
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other promotions.
- Bookings for tours are essential via https://www.lakedistrictadventures.co.nz/page/bookings/.
- Subject to availability and weather conditions.
- 48-hour cancellation policy applies.
- Minimum age applies – please contact operator if under 8 years. One capable adult required per child under 15 years of age on kayak tours.
- Tours require a moderate level of fitness.
- Minimum numbers apply for tours