Three of the outlets - Marble Room, EAT Burger, and The Local Taphouse open on Monday 12 October, Coffee Post opens in early November, although the new coffee counter facing Victoria Street opens on Monday. A Spanish-styled grill, La Parrilla, opens in early December. The new lounge bar Marble Room will hold an exclusive launch party next Wednesday.
The new outlets will be complemented by City Co-Op’s shared dining space within the SKYCITY Hamilton atrium under the historic dome, where customers can pick and choose across the new food options, then regroup with friends and family to enjoy their meal.
SKYCITY Hamilton General Manager Michelle Baillie says SKYCITY Hamilton is proud to be investing in Hamilton’s growing food scene with these new outlets, and looks forward to championing the incredible producers and artisan products the Waikato region has to offer.
“It’s fantastic to be supporting local producers and using their unique products including Good George craft beer, Over the Moon Dairy cheeses, meat from Magills in Te Awamutu, sauces from Wild Country Fine Foods, bread from Belle Pane in Cambridge and burger buns from Delicate Bake House.”
“This is the start of an exciting new era for SKYCITY Hamilton – City Co-Op will create a vibrant space in Hamilton’s CBD, and we’re confident this will be popular with locals and visitors alike. The sheer range of new restaurants and bars means there’s something to suit all tastes, and alongside our other facilities, firmly places us as Hamilton’s leading entertainment and foodie destination.”
About City Co-Op’s new restaurants and bars:
• The Local Taphouse is a partnership with the award-winning Good George Brewing featuring 15 taps pouring local beers alongside a fine selection of simple, in-season dishes. Featured breweries include Hot Water Brewing Co in the Coromandel, Brewaucracy in Matangi and Croucher Brewing in Rotorua. Open from 11am until late.
• Marble Room is an exclusive lounge bar offering one of Hamilton’s most expansive Whisky selections and serving Moët & Chandon by the glass and Dom Pérignon by the bottle. Patrons can sip on sophisticated cocktails from the dedicated Mixologist and share gorgeous Spanish tapas. Open Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from5pm until late.
• EAT Burger ups the ante serving gourmet burgers with 100 per cent prime Hereford beef patties and handmade Lewis Road Creamery shakes. Open from 11am until late.
• La Parrilla brings the exotic flavours of Spain to Hamilton with an open Spanish-style grill and shared tapas menu. Opening early December.
• Coffee Post starts with a new street-facing counter to serve the takeaway crowd, with the new café fully open in early November. As well as expertly made coffees they also offer a fine selection of NZ made loose leaf teas and delicious cafe-style food. Initial opening hours are from 7am to 3pm, and will extend to 7am to 5pm once fully open.