Discover spectacular waterfalls, learn all about Kiwiana or let the young ones practice their bike skills – there are plenty of free activities & attractions to enjoy in your own backyard.
Great indoor activity options
Rain or shine there are a variety of indoor activity options available such as ten-pin bowling, rock climbing and even an indoor trampoline park.
- Ten-pin bowling: Challenge family and friends to a friendly game of ten-pin bowling at The Bowlevard at SKYCITY Hamilton
- Waikato Museum: With great interactive children’s exhibitions, the Waikato Museum is a perfect indoor activity
- Rock climbing: Keep active with indoor rock climbing
- Classics Museum: Step back in time with cars and memorabilia from years gone by.
- Trampoline Park: Leap around the indoor trampoline park
- Waitomo Caves: Not technically indoors, the Waitomo Caves is open rain or shine
- Movie Theatres: Perfect for a few hours of entertainment
- Castle Pamela: See NZ’s largest collection of dolls, toys and miniature trains
- Go-karting: Hit the race track for some go-karting
- Swimming: Check out the heated indoor pools at Waterworld or the Te Aroha mineral spas
- Regional Museums: From gold mining history to clocks and more, the smaller museums throughout the region have plenty to offer
Plus much more